Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Sweet Valley High #6: Dangerous Love

Front Cover: Are Elizabeth and Todd heading for disaster?

Back Cover: The end of the road for Todd and Elizabeth?
One of the strictest rules in the Wakefield house is "No motorcycles". Ever since their cousin was killed in a crash, Elizabeth and Jessica have been forbidden to go near them.
So when Elizabeth's boyfriend Todd drives up on a shiny new Yamaha, she knows there's trouble ahead. She can't ride Todd's bike, but other girls can - and do. And the sight of those girls riding with their arms around Todd is making Elizabeth crazy with jealousy.
Todd tells her not to worry, but Elizabeth's scared of losing him. Will Todd's new bike drive them apart?
Obviously Todd would never leave Elizabeth because she can't ride his motorcycle, but as someone who is extremely jealous and possessive, I can understand Elizabeth's fear. I'm surprised she went riding with him in the end though. That definitely seemed more like a Jessica thing to do. I'm surprised she didn't cite all the times Jessica's broken rules when she did this.

I hate how Jessica is now like, "Omg I've taken my sister for granted! I'm going to be a better person!" when we all know that we'll be lucky to see this last an entire book.

The subplot in this one was Enid having a sweet sixteen party. I had no idea that she had skipped a grade. I'm surprised her stint with drugs didn't end up setting her back a grade, thus putting her right back on track. She also mentions that George is a freshman in college. I find that incredibly funny, seeing as we've just had a book about how Jessica shouldn't date college guys cuz they were too old for her. I mean, George is probably 18, and with Enid now 16, that really isn't too bad. But she was just 15! How weird is that??

The character profile in the back of my book is about Mr Collins. Again, his life story sounds way cooler than anything ever! I want to know more about his crazy ex-wife. I'm hoping there will be a book where Jessica is baby-sitting for him, gets distracted by a boy, and then his son gets kidnapped by the ex again. That would make my life! I like that he's dating Ms Dalton now. I totally knew they'd hook up when she was mentioned before. I just hope Jessica doesn't ruin things for them, although you totes know she would =(

Hook: Will Elizabeth live or die?

Obviously Elizabeth will live haha but I wonder if people originally had any doubt. I wonder what it'd be like reading this one, and then having to wait a month or so to find out what happened next. Can you imagine if Elizabeth survived, but had severe brain damage? The rest of the series could be from Jessica's POV, and it'd be super-depressing to hear about how she couldn't go out because she needed to take care of Elizabeth. Or if Elizabeth was only brain-damaged in the part of her brain that controls certain muscles. So then we could have books where Elizabeth is frustrated at having to walk with crutches and going to physical therapy, or having to use a wheelchair, or being unable to write anymore because her right side doesn't function properly anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment